Not to long ago a friend asked me what was my biggest fear.
Well the answer was and is: my biggest fear already came true.
This got me thinking what does this mean for anything else i might fear? If your biggest fear came true and you lived though it, does any other fear come to take its place or are you left without fear or does it change nothing?
I started thinking about things which I am afraid of. I realized that my new experience (misery) gave me understanding of a few things I could not understand before. And I feared these new things. Some of these things could even be seen as the logical progression of the state I was in. So I suppose in a sense the experince of one fear can lead to many more which could not even be understood before. But all these new fears were all internal. They were fears of something which might happen to me with no external cause; in fact nothing external could possibly cause them.
These fears bothered me for a while. Until recently(today maybe) I realized I no longer fear them. I am not sure why. I guess i realized that such an internal change could never happen. I know myself well enough to say that.
now what about other fears... well I have never been afraid of very much but now i suppose I see the few fears i do have as meaningless. If anything i hold onto them out of habit. strange holding onto a fear out of habit. Take for example the one thing I have always been afraid of: singing in public. I can't say that my fear is completely gone but for the most part it is. often times i want to break out singing and the only thing that stops me is that I remember i would never have done so before and out of habit stop myself. But it is now out of habit and not fear. A strange thing indeed.
anyways fear is an interesting thing, and chances are i am completely wrong about my self analysis.
No comments:
Post a Comment